Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Long time, no see

Wow, its been a long time since last I wrote. I want to thank everyone who has been patient with me and waited for me to regain my feet.

My mother has had cancer for 9 years. In 2000, they gave her 6 months to live. She surpassed everyone's expectations by such a long shot that she was off the charts. But last year, we could see that she was failing. And so, this last year has been hard, as I have flown across country, time after time, to see her for her birthday or a holiday, or just because I wanted to be with her for a bit. It was horribly expensive and very necessary.

In June, my mother passed away. My brothers and I fell apart, even though we'd been planning for it for years. When I returned to work after the funeral, I was told that my contract was over and I had three weeks to close out my projects.

In SecondLife, I quit Avatrait as Gallery Curator and as a member of the Board. RL had to come first. I stopped doing commissions. You may remember that I was going to be doing a set of tutorials here. That never got done, either.

Now, I have a new job. Not the best job, but a good one.

In SecondLife, Kisa Naumova offered to sell me her SL gallery and the land under it, giving me nearly all of Steiger sim on the mainland. (I already owned a majority of the sim.) So, I'm adding to my collection of galleries on Steiger.

In the order they are:
Epsilon Gallery of Second Life Portraiture - oldest gallery on the sim.
Steiger Art Maze - the first hedge maze to display ART.
Steiger SL4B Display Space - a copy of my display at SL's 4th Birthday
Epsilon Gallery for New Artists - Artists who are new to SL or Residents who are new to art!

And the latest...
Beloved Guest Gallery - Where I invite fantastic artists to show their work for an entire month. Look for an announcement in the next blog.

I want to thank everyone who has been there for me. Love you all.

-- Sho

No comments: