Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Down to the wire

In April, I will be the featured artist at the Avatrait gallery in SL. The grand opening will be April 5th, time is 1pm SL time. Location is the Avatrait gallery: Simuality 31, 203, 35. This show will hold many pictures not seen before.

I've been working privately for months to try to come up with a new set of pictures that would be unique. If you have been watching my Flickr stream, you may have noticed fewer and fewer postings from me. Track Hax, owner/director of Avatrait, is a man with high standards and exacting tastes. It took me a long time to come up with the set he would eventually approve.

I'm really excited about this show. I've really stretched, as far as the subject matter is concerned. There will be topics on display that I've been too sensitive to touch before. Many of the pictures have a backstory. Please ask me about them. Some of the pictures are just pure whimsy. Smiles You can ask me about those, too. If you are looking for vastly post-processed pictures, this show is not for you. I am a photographer first and foremost. If I were presenting RL pictures, I'd be removing red-eye and freckles. These pictures show SecondLife in its beauty.

I must say, it has been an honor to work with Greg on this. He has pushed me harder than I have ever pushed myself. In January, I thought I had plenty of good pictures. They were pretty, but they didn't speak. I think you will be pleased with my newest offerings. Please come by in April and visit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After a review of all the work you have put into this...you will probably fall over sunday and take a much needed nap.

Amazing images... blown away at what you do..and no PS involved.. You and Kim agrees are a Master!

Stephen